Carbon Monoxide is produced by amongst other things, cookers, and boilers that have been badly installed. It may also be produced when an appliance is damaged. This gas is a killer!The Symptoms:The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can be very much like a dose of food poisoning or even a bout of the flu (with no fever). These may fade slightly if you are removed from the source of the gas. The more exposed that you are, the more severe the symptoms grow. This may lead to a loss of consciousness, with these symptoms even occurring up to a few days or even weeks later in some cases. Clerkenwell Plumbers are gas safe. Fitting:They can be fitted them all over the home, with one on each floor if required. Bedrooms and areas close to boilers and their flues. Detectors should be fitted should there be an open flue or solid fuel burning appliance in your home. The detectors should not be placed very close to appliances as they can give off enough gas to cause a false alarm as they fire up. Below is a dimensional guide for fitting:150mm lower than the ceiling, (maybe higher, not lower).1.8-4.5mtr from a source like a cooker etc. Do not fit in bathrooms due to water/steam damage. A Clerkenwell Plumber knows the danger signs. Cleaning of the detectors can be carried out with soapy water but no chemicals.Good: The flame burning in your boiler should burn a very pure blue, both in its centre and all around outside edge. The flame can be observed through the glass viewer on the boiler.Bad: When you look at the flame, and it flickers orange or yellow, then the combustion is wrong and this is the time that carbon monoxide can be produced. Another warning sign is soot released from the boiler.